Implement STEAM Distance Learning at Home with Ease
Uncertain times for schools require a flexible solution in education tools. The STEAM Distance Learning kit is a portable, hybrid learning kit for K-5 that folds up like a lunchbox to facilitate distance learning when teachers and students find themselves needing to rotate between home and school throughout further COVID-19 restrictions.
The STEAM Course - Distance Learning Kit is a simple, at-home or in-school learning kit designed for schools or districts to ease the stress of challenging adjustments to the K-5 learning environment during the school term. Each kit comes with 15 trays, flexible to any school or district’s technology plans, allowing students to code, create and experiment using standards-aligned lesson materials and adapted STEAM lessons for distance learning.
Features and Benefits
- Portable and flexible; no matter what setup you have
- Facilitates in-school or at-home set up for schools or districts
- Can be easily carried home - comes with pre-designed lid per tray which becomes STEAM lunch box
- Free access to 66+ NGSS and Common Core standards-aligned lesson plans for Grades K-5
- Structured lesson materials written by teachers for teachers
- Compatible with LEGO© and other readily-available classroom materials
- 2-1 ratio of kits means half of the class can take a kit home and rotate frequently
Number of Students
30 students (2-to-1)
What's in the kit?
- 30 DC Motors
- 15 Light Sensors
- 15 RGB LEDs
- 30 Wheels
- 15 SAM Controllers
- 15 SAM Car Chassis
- 15 Roller Balls
- 30 LEGO© Gear Attachments
- 30 Small LEGO© Holders
- 30 Large LEGO© Holders
- 8 Multi Micro USB Charging Cables
- 15 Single USB Charging Cables
- 15 Lunch Box Trays
- SAM Labs Block Directory
- Safety Instructions
Please note: You will require one of our subscription plans to access the full benefits of the SAM Studio coding platform and NGSS, CSTA, TEKS, and Common Core standards aligned curriculum.
Pay with purchase order